Thursday, March 15, 2007

Zonker!!!

That's the actual name of the beer I chose this week. It's brewed by Snake River Brewing and is a pretty decent Stout beer. SRB is in Jackson, Wyoming...why does this matter? I guess it doesn't but just wanted to give a shout out to my boys who live in Jackson. Zonker has won multiple awards at different festivals, which I think is stupid but they list them on the box. Denver holds the "Great American Beer Festival" every year at the end of September, and supposedly this beer won some awards at that a few times. Overall, it wasn't my favorite stout i've ever had but it wasn't horrible. It runs at 5.8 so it's not the strongest stout in the world either, but it still gets you drunk.

Anyway, the one cool thing about their company is you can actually order beer from the website and have it shipped to you, regardless of where you live. They only offer a couple of beers to purchase, and they're a little expensive. Here is that link. If you want me to sample one of the other two that they sell online before you buy, I will. At $31 for a 12 pack, I'd want to know what I was getting first.

4 comments:

El Padrino said...

i love links

ToddPacker said...

nice job, ben.... 31 buck for a 12 pack, the i hope the stuff has a high alcohol content

The Rev said...

I have a Boston trip coming up this weekend. I'll try to get a Boston beer update.

Anonymous said...

Chin up to New Belgium brewery, I sampled 6 of their selections last night,

Fat Tire, 2 Degrees Below, Abbey, Blue Paddle, 1554 and something else.

4 Ale's with a pilsener/lager and belgian wheet mixed in.